1,000 Days is the leading nonprofit organization working to ensure a healthy first 1,000 days for women and children everywhere. Launched in response to ground-breaking scientific evidence that identified a powerful window of opportunity from a woman’s pregnancy to a child’s 2nd birthday – when nutrition had a long-term impact on the future health and development of both children and societies – 1,000 Days drives greater action and investment to improve nutrition for women, infants and young children in the U.S. and around the world.
This is a unique opportunity to maximize your creativity for social good. The Digital Content Associate will develop fresh and original content for a range of 1,000 Days campaigns targeting diverse audiences from parents to policymakers. 1,000 Days is seeking a content creator and curator—someone who is a master at creating eye-catching visuals that inspire people to stop scrolling and to share, and who has a knack for writing copy that simplifies complex issues and drives action.
The Digital Content Associate will help conceptualize and build new projects – including a first-of-its-kind mass marketing campaign to surround U.S. parents with nutrition information, and an international campaign to help global partners change public attitudes and behaviors and to empower people to become advocates. Your work will be seen by millions across the country and around the globe, and will be used to help drive social change.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Digital Engagement Manager.
- Create compelling graphics that are optimized for digital channels including social media, email, and web.
- Craft engaging copy, including emails, social media copy, and web.
- Work with the 1,000 Days team to develop campaign plans, creative concepts and tactics based on campaign goals, audiences and channels.
- Interact with 1,000 Days’ partners to provide social media content as well as coaching on content development.
- Analyze digital data to better learn and to rapidly iterate based on content performance.
- Use a wide array of digital communications tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, Facebook Ads Manager, HootSuite, and CRM and email marketing platforms.
- Hold at least a BA (or equivalence) in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications or related field and has 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Are an exceptional designer and enjoy writing.
- Are experienced with interfacing with clients; past agency experience is a plus.
- Are experienced with Adobe Creative Suite and Facebook Ads Manager, and have worked within a CRM or email marketing platform. Experience with managing social media accounts is a plus.
- Have acute attention to detail, are organized and can effectively manage your time.
- Can juggle a wide portfolio of projects with competing deadlines and can communicate effectively with teammates.
- Feel passionately about the health and well-being of moms and babies everywhere and want to use digital communications to make a difference.
- Believe good design is not only informative, but also inspirational.
- Feel comfortable sometimes working in grey areas and being pushed out of your comfort zone.
- Value different cultures, perspectives, and would consider yourself a people-person.
- Are ready to jump in and share ideas on day 1.
- Enjoy being part of a team but are also able to accomplish tasks independently.
Success in this role requires an ability to balance multiple projects, produce graphics quickly, graciously accept feedback, and interface with a variety of people. The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and to pitch in for the good of the team is critical to success in the role.
HOW TO APPLY
- Email cover letter, resume and design portfolio to email@example.com
- Put “Digital Content Associate” in the subject line.
- Due to the expected volume of interest, only candidates considered will be contacted – No phone calls please.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
1,000 Days is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.